America is in pain. Current data indicates 100 million people in the US suffer from some form of persistent pain – despite injections, surgery, and opioid medications increasing at alarming rates. The evidence for therapeutic approaches in treating people with pain is ever-increasing, resulting in treatments such as therapeutic neuroscience education, graded motor imagery, pacing, graded exposure and more.
TPS is a true interdisciplinary pain certification, open to various healthcare providers including but not limited to, physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapist assistants, medical doctors, doctors of osteopathy, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and psychologists. The majority of TPS happens wherever you happen to be. Coursework, lasting approximately five months, consists of a dynamic combination of didactic, collaborative, and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive on-site courses. The on-site courses occur at EIM Network Partners and academic centers located in key geographic areas around the country.
TPS is designed so that you will:
- Become a certified, highly skilled, autonomous practitioner with advanced clinical competency in evaluation and treatment of chronic pain.
- Make evidence-based practice an immediate reality in your clinical practice.
- Enhance your critical thinking and psychomotor skills to improve decision-making and outcomes of care.
- Improve your knowledge of current evidence related to pain neuroscience
Core Course Work for 2018-2019 Cohorts
- ISPI-TPS 6410 – Therapeutic Neuroscience Education
- ISPI-TPS 6100 WI – Graded Motor Imagery and Neurodynamics for Patients with Pain
- Winter 2019 Cohort: March 16-17, 2019: Glendora, CA
- Spring 2019 Cohort: May 18-19, 2019: St. Louis Park, MN (Minneapolis)
- Summer 2019 Cohort: September 14-15, 2019: Ashburn, VA
- Fall 2019 Cohort: November 9-10, 2019: Flower Mound, TX (Dallas)
- ISPI-TPS 6110 WI – Advanced Pain Neuroscience Education: Focus on Function
- Winter 2019 Cohort: April 13-14, 2019: Glendora, CA
- Spring 2019 Cohort: June 8-9, 2019: St. Louis Park, MN (Minneapolis)
- Summer 2019 Cohort: October 5-6, 2019: Ashburn, VA
- Fall 2019 Cohort: December 7-8, 2019: Flower Mound, TX (Dallas)
- ISPI-TPS 6151A – Neurodynamics I
- ISPI-TPS 6152 – Too Hot to Handle
- ISPI-TPS 6151B – Neurodynamics II
- ISPI-TPS 6154 – Everything Hurts
- ISPI-TPS 6156 – Business of Chronic Pain
- ISPI-TPS 6155 – Perioperative Neuroscience Education
- ISPI-TPS 7180 – Online Cumulative Capstone Examination
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Disabled Participants page.