Manual Therapy From A Pain Science Perspective
International Spine and Pain Institute offers a certification process in manual manipulative therapy for physical therapists who want to become specialized in spinal physical therapy. We believe that those who complete the series of courses, assignments, and examinations will become much more skilled, proficient and confident clinicians in the challenging field of treating spinal pain and rehabilitation.
ISPI’s Certified Manual Therapy Certification (CSMT) is uniquely blended with online learning, faculty directed discussion, and three (3) hands-on weekend intensive courses, held at different locations throughout the United States. Coursework includes online didactic information to enable the participant flexibility in busy life schedules. Course dates and locations are listed on the program calendar.
Experiences throughout this program include:
- In-depth, faculty led learning of the spinal column, including clinical anatomy and pathology, pain science, evaluation and treatment
- Unique blend of spinal manual therapy and pain science.
- Virtual rounds and case presentations for interactive learning
- Certification Examination
- Intensive, hands-on experiences led by highly skilled instructors and leaders in the field of manual therapy and pain science
- Larger Bio-Psycho-Social approach to spinal pain
ISPI’s Certified Spinal Manual Therapy Certification is designed to:
- Create highly skilled spinal manual therapists with advanced clinical competency in evaluation and treatment of the spine within a pain science paradigm
- Improve therapists’ knowledge of current evidence and promote the use of evidence-based practice in daily clinical practice
- Enhance leadership skills to create master clinicians in the field of spinal manual therapy
- CSMT 6110 – Introduction to Manual Therapy (online version)
The Cervical Spine: A Manual Therapy and Pain Science Approach (online version)
The Lumbar Spine: A Manual Therapy and Pain Science Approach (online version)
- Onsite Weekend Intensive: Cervical Spine Course & Lumbar Spine Course
- July 14-15 2018 at Des Moines University (Winter & Spring Cohorts)
- December 8-9, 2018 at Des Moines University (Fall Cohort)
- The Thoracic Spine: A Manual Therapy and Pain Science Approach (online version)
- A Study of Neurodynamics: The Body’s Living Alarm (online version)
- Onsite Weekend Intensive: Neurodynamics Course & Thoracic Spine Course
- May 19-20, 2018 at Des Moines University (All Cohorts)
- Spinal Manipulation I (online version)
- The Lower Quadrant: A Differential Diagnosis Approach to Manual Therapy (online version)
- The Upper Quadrant: A Differential Diagnosis Approach to Manual Therapy (online version)
- Onsite Weekend Intensive: Spinal Manipulation I, Case Studies, & Lab Testing
- August 11-12, 2018 at Des Moines University (Fall & Summer Cohorts)
- November 17-18, 2018 at Des Moines University (Winter & Spring Cohorts)
- ISPI-TPS 6410 – Therapeutic Neuroscience Education (online version)
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Disabled Participants page.