America is in pain. Current data indicates 100 million people in the US suffer from some form of persistent pain – despite injections, surgery, and opioid medications increasing at alarming rates. The evidence for therapeutic approaches in treating people with pain is ever-increasing, resulting in treatments such as therapeutic neuroscience education, graded motor imagery, pacing, graded exposure and more.
TPS is a true interdisciplinary pain certification, open to various healthcare providers including but not limited to, physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapist assistants, medical doctors, doctors of osteopathy, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and psychologists. The majority of TPS happens wherever you happen to be. Coursework, lasting approximately five months, consists of a dynamic combination of didactic, collaborative, and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive on-site courses. The on-site courses occur at EIM Network Partners and academic centers located in key geographic areas around the country.
TPS is designed so that you will:
- Become a certified, highly skilled, autonomous practitioner with advanced clinical competency in evaluation and treatment of chronic pain.
- Make evidence-based practice an immediate reality in your clinical practice.
- Enhance your critical thinking and psychomotor skills to improve decision-making and outcomes of care.
- Improve your knowledge of current evidence related to pain neuroscience
Core Course Work for 2017-2018 Cohorts
- ISPI-TPS 6410 – Therapeutic Neuroscience Education
- ISPI-TPS 6100 WI 1 – Weekend Intensive I – 2 day onsite (Including TNE, Too Hot To Handle, and Neurodynamics)
- Summer 2017 Cohort: September 16-17, 2017: UNLV, Las Vegas, NV
- Fall 2017 Cohort: November 11-12, 2017: Greenville, SC
- Winter 2018 Cohort: March 10-11, 2018: Des Moines, IA
- Spring 2018 Cohort: May 19-20, 2018: Kent, WA (Seattle)
- Summer 2018 Cohort: September 15-16, 2018: Ashburn, VA
- Fall 2018 Cohort: November 10-11. 2018: San Antonio, TX
- ISPI-TPS 6110 WI – Weekend Intensive II – 2 day onsite (Including Focus on Function TNE Labs and Practical Application)
- Summer 2017 Cohort: October 7-8, 2017: UNLV, Las Vegas, NV
- Fall 2017 Cohort: December 2-3, 2017: Greenville, SC
- Winter 2018 Cohort: April 14-15, 2018: Des Moines, IA
- Spring 2018 Cohort: June 2-3, 2018: Kent, WA (Seattle)
- Summer 2018 Cohort: October 6-7, 2018: Ashburn, VA
- Fall 2018 Cohort: December 1-2, 2018: San Antonio, TX
- ISPI-TPS 6151A – Neurodynamics I
- ISPI-TPS 6152 – Too Hot to Handle
- ISPI-TPS 6151B – Neurodynamics II
- ISPI-TPS 6154 – Everything Hurts
- ISPI-TPS 6156 – Business of Chronic Pain
- ISPI-TPS 6155 – Perioperative Neuroscience Education
- ISPI-TPS 7180 – Online Cumulative Capstone Examination
*ISPI-TPS 6410 – Therapeutic Neuroscience Education, ISPI-TPS 6151A – Neurodynamics I, and ISPI-TPS 6152 – Too Hot To Handle are prerequisites for ISPI-TPS 6100 WI 1 – Weekend Intensive I.
**ISPI-TPS 6100 WI 1 – Weekend Intensive I is a prerequisite for ISPI-TPS 6110 WI – Weekend Intensive II.
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Disabled Participants page.