International Spine and Pain Institute offers a certification process in manual manipulative therapy for physical therapists who want to become specialized in spinal physical therapy. We believe that those who complete the series of courses, assignments, and examinations will become much more skilled, proficient and confident clinicians in the challenging field of treating spinal pain and rehabilitation.
ISPI’s Certified Manual Therapy Certification (CSMT) is uniquely blended with online learning, faculty directed discussion, and three (3) hands-on weekend intensive courses, held at different locations throughout the United States. Coursework includes online didactic information to enable the participant flexibility in busy life schedules. Course dates and locations are listed on the program calendar.
Experiences throughout this program include:
- In-depth, faculty led learning of the spinal column, including clinical anatomy and pathology, pain science, evaluation and treatment
- Unique blend of spinal manual therapy and pain science.
- Virtual rounds and case presentations for interactive learning
- Certification Examination
- Intensive, hands-on experiences led by highly skilled instructors and leaders in the field of manual therapy and pain science
- Larger Bio-Psycho-Social approach to spinal pain
ISPI’s Certified Spinal Manual Therapy Certification is designed to:
- Create highly skilled spinal manual therapists with advanced clinical competency in evaluation and treatment of the spine within a pain science paradigm
- Improve therapists’ knowledge of current evidence and promote the use of evidence-based practice in daily clinical practice
- Enhance leadership skills to create master clinicians in the field of spinal manual therapy
Weekend Intensive Schedule:
- Cervical Spine/Lumbar Spine
- December 10-11, 2016 at Des Moines University (Fall Cohort)
- July 15-16, 2017: at Des Moines University (Winter & Spring Cohorts)
- December 9-10, 2017 at Des Moines University (Fall Cohort)
- Neurodynamics/Thoracic Spine
- May 20-21, 2017 at Des Moines University (All Cohorts)
- Spinal Manipulation, Case Studies, & Lab Testing
- August 12-13, 2017 at Des Moines University (Fall & Summer Cohorts)
- November 18-19, 2017 at Des Moines University (Winter & Spring Cohorts)
How many courses have you taken in the past 5 years?